Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Live from South: In and Out of me

Hello Friends,
While writing this, I am heading towards Aurovile. Right now I have caught train for Puduchhery, from Egmore Railway Station, Chennai. It will take four hours to reach Puduchhery. Having enough time I thought to note down few things to be helpful while writing my diary. The actual reasons for this extra precaution are the names of the places and people (being gujarati and that also from mumbai, really difficult to remember). And suddenly Facebook Mania come to me, ''why not keep updating live experience?''. Yes, I thought it would be really exciting for me and interesting for those who are ready to forgive some grammatical mistakes. Now those who are really interested keep following...

Date: 19th July, 2010-Monday
I am going Aurobindo Ashram and Aurovile(Union Territory) near Puduchhery in Tamil Nadu to explore few things.
I caught Chhenai Exp(1041) from Kalyan Junction by 3:05 pm. (as I stay
at Dombivali). Since it was supposed to be long journey of around 25 hours, I had planned to have good sleep in Train (Also, yesterday I was on trekking at Duke's Nose). So after having some formal chit-chat with people around me, I followed my plan and slept for around four hours.

I got up by 8 p.m., having no idea of where train reached and frankly wasn't even bothering. After having some refreshment (not dinner), I took some printouts of book 'How Children Learn' for reading. I continued it until people around me started to sleep and excepting me to switch off the light. I respecting their decision stoped reading and went for sleeping.

Next morning I got up by 9 a.m. For rest of the journey I continued my reading, sleeping and eating. Between this process I also inquired for options to reach Puduchhery from Chennai. Because of net surfing I had rough idea of train at around 5:30 p.m. But in train nobody was sure about it. The biggest problem to talk this people was language problem. They were not understanding either English or Hindi. In the city, you are not aware of people are like Junction and can divert you trip in any direction. So I realised that this, language problem, is going to be biggest problem, for atleast next few hours. In Train, one of the passenger gave me suggestion to catch the Bus.

I reached at Chennai Central at 4:45 pm, half an hour late. Again I inquired for train and one person(language problem), sitting on some kind of desk, informed me to go Egmore Railway Station by auto which will cost around 25 Rs. From there I have to catch Exp. Mail of 5:30p.m. By this time my mobile was already showing 4:45. I thought train is always better than bus. So, I was ready to take a chance. I speed up to catch the auto. I asked some autowalas (language problem) charges to drop me at Egmore. They demanded between 100 to 120 Rs. Getting sense of being cheated, I asked one policeman standing over their for security. He suggested me to go for Prepaid auto. So now I went for it. They charged me only Rs. 23 (including 2 Rs. Prepaid Booth's charges) from chennai station to Egmore railway station. A person, riding my auto, was female (language problem). This was my first auto ride with female driver, Vasanti. Distance between chennai and Egmore is just 1 K.M., approx 15 minutes. When I got down from auto my mobile was showing 5:15 p.m. Now just in 15 minute, I have to look for train, take ticket and then reach to the particular platform. On foot bridge I asked some policeman(language problem) about train. But they instead confused me. So I went to Inquiry Counter. Here come to know about exp. train for Puduchhery by 6:10 p.m. But I became sure only when I show it on Indicator. Then I went on ticket window and paid Rs. 53(without reservation). In from other passenger I came to know that train will reach at Puduchhery by 10:30 p.m. Accordingly I informed this to Ankit (he had reached their one week ahead of me). So he told me that its to late and I will not get any bus or private vehicle from station to Aurovile. Aurovile is around 13 K.M. from the Puduchhery station. I told him to pick me up with his Moped. On this he told me that Aurovile is kind of forest, so there is no road light in this area. Finally he asked some local tour operator to pick me up and they agreed at the charge 170 Rs. Right now my mobile is showing 9:09 p.m. Still one hour to reach Puduchhery.... Now I am really tired of writing this on my E-71.... going to listen some wonderful Music...So good night n sweet dreams....

No comments: